Programs Enrichment Program
After School Enrichment Programs Winter 2018
Winter After School Clubs Registration open NOW!
The PTA is happy to offer these classes to enhance your child’s learning outside of the traditional classroom. All Registrations are online — you can register from any computer, tablet or cell phone. To register click on the links below. Payment is by credit card only. If you do not have online access and/or a credit card, please contact Sheela Kathuria at 703-946-5241 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for telephone registration. Si no tiene acceso en línea y/o una tarjeta de crédito, póngase en contacto Maria Barraza a 703-227-5405 para registro del teléfono.
- Classes usually fill up quickly; registration is on a first come, first served basis. All students who participate are expected to have good behavior and to follow usual classroom rules.
- No classes on school holidays or early dismissal days.
- IMPORTANT: Parents MUST wait outside the Kiss and Ride door #6 to pick up their children when class is dismissed. Bus service will not be offered for this program. For their safety, all children will need to be signed out after class by a sibling over 13 or an adult unless they are enrolled in SACC. No one will be permitted to walk home alone. Parents are responsible for picking up their child/children on time. Enrichment class teachers are from outside businesses and are not able to stay past class dismissal time. More than two late pickups of 5-10 minutes, or more than one late pickup of greater than 10 minutes, will result in termination from the class with no refund.
- Some needs-based scholarships are available for each class for children eligible for free or reduced lunch. To apply email Sheela at email@example.com with child name, parent name, parent email, student grade, teacher, first class choice and second class choice. Only one scholarship per family is granted and allotments will be made after minimum enrollment numbers are reached.
- Desfortuneadamente no podemos traducir todo este boletin de noticias en espanol. Si usted esta interesada en participar o tiene preguntas,por favor llame a Maria Barraza a 703-227-5405. Gracias
After School Theater for Grades K-2 and 3-6 meets every Tuesday that school is in session starting 1/9 - 2/27 for 8 weeks, $88. The program will consist of theater games and skits to help students begin to explore the world of creative expression through use of their voice and their movements. The goal is to enrich students lives, nurture young performers and build audiences of tomorrow. Students will gain confidence and improve communication skills while exploring their imaginations in a safe and nurturing environment. Offered by Not Just Dance Download the Theater Flyer
Chess Club for Grades K-5 meets every Tuesday that school is in session starting 2/20 – 5/29 for 14 weeks, $196. Chess clubs split time between lesson and play. Lessons range from learning the rules to advanced tournament strategies, depending on the children. State and national champions have come from our programs, but most of our students are just looking to have fun! Play time is structured to pair each student against an opponent of similar skill. Offered by Silver Knights Club Download the Chess Club Flyer
REGISTER FOR CHESS CLUB
Minecraft Modding for Grades 1-4 meets every Wednesday that school is in session starting 1/10-2/28 for 8 weeks, $144. Minecraft Modding teaches students important problem-solving and design skills by making changes to the popular multiplayer game itself. Programming fundamentals are reinforced by designing and implementing large-scale Minecraft modifications. Our instructors offer individualized attention and mentorship throughout our course, so students will learn at their pace following their personal learning style and interests. Students end their time with us with their mods, which they may add to their personal Minecraft games. Offered by STEM exCEL. Download the STEM exCEL Flyer
Robotics for Grades 2-6 meets every Wednesday that school is in session starting 1/10-2/28 for 8 weeks, $144. STEM exCEL Robotics is designed for students looking to get started with robotics, and who are possibly interested in learning competitive robotics. In this course, students learn how to design, build, and program Lego Mindstorms EV3 robots by constructing and programming a robot. By applying engineering concepts as well as advanced sensor programming skills, students will perfect their design and programming to solve a variety of challenges. These engineering, design and programming concepts serve as a great stepping stone for students that have an interest in competing in robotics competitions such as First Lego League (FLL). Offered by STEM exCEL. Download the STEM exCEL Flyer
Drawing for Grades K-2 & 3-6 meets every Thursday that school is in session starting 9/27-11/15 for 8 weeks, $120. Young Rembrandts teaches fun drawing lessons to strengthen artistic abilities and to develop students’ independent thinking skills. In each week’s new drawing lesson, we use a step-by-step methodology that ensures each student creative success. As we learn and develop technical drawing skills, we discover that all complex objects can be broken down into familiar shapes; then use problem-solving skills, innovation, and imagination to put them together into confidence-boosting masterpieces. Offered by Young Rembrandts. Download the Young Rembrandts Flyer
Indoor Soccer for Grades K-2 meets every Thursday that school is in session starting 1/11-3/8 (no class 1/25) for 8 weeks, $80. Take your game to the next level! Join us for Shooting Stars Soccer and learn to play Soccer like the pros! Coaches will teach you skills like dribbling, passing, trapping, shooting and defense. This program emphasizes fitness, teamwork and sportsmanship. Have a blast and make new friends playing World Cup Tournament, Battle Balls, Trapper 500, Corner Kick Challenge and Soccer Knockout. Don't miss out on what the rest of the world already knows; it’s a beautiful game - sign up today! Download Overtime Athletics Flyer
Indoor Soccer for Grades 3-6 meets every Wednesday that school is in session starting 1/10-2/28 for 8 weeks, $80. Take your game to the next level! Join us for Shooting Stars Soccer and learn to play Soccer like the pros! Coaches will teach you skills like dribbling, passing, trapping, shooting and defense. This program emphasizes fitness, teamwork and sportsmanship. Have a blast and make new friends playing World Cup Tournament, Battle Balls, Trapper 500, Corner Kick Challenge and Soccer Knockout. Don't miss out on what the rest of the world already knows; it’s a beautiful game - sign up today! Download Overtime Athletics Flyer
Cheerleading/Jump Rope for Grades K-6 meets every Wednesday that school is in session starting 1/10-2/28 for 8 weeks, $70. Rope Motion creates Emotion! Take your spirit to a higher level! Learn routines, cheers, motions and jumps that promote teamwork, fitness and FUN. We'll work on basic cheer and dance movements that have participants smiling from ear to ear and bouncing from head to toe! We bring the sidelines to center stage with cheers that include: “Who Rocks the House”, “G-O Yell GO”, “Dynamite”, and many more. Our pyramid of activity will include cheers, routines, jump roping, and warm up games. Come be a part of something bigger, sign up today! Download Overtime Athletics Flyer